Latest update May 2018
The protection and privacy of your personal data is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data we collect from you, why we collect it, how we use it and how we protect it. We encourage you to read the whole statement.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect personal data directly from you through forms on our websites (www.oculustechnologies.com, www.yachteye.com, www.vxcruise.com and www.odyss.ee), on social media platforms, via email contact and over the phone.
- Information we may collect as the following:
- First and last name
- Job title and Company
- Contact details including phone number, email address and work address
- Demographic information and preferred language
THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We require this data for our own legitimate interests in:
- Understanding your needs and preferences
- Maintaining our records and databases
- Providing clients with information about Oculus Technologies and all her other brands & products.
- Informing prospective clients about our products and services
- Analyzing market intelligence for further marketing strategies
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Oculus Technologies is committed to ensure that your information is secure. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. To prevent unauthorized access, we have built in an electronical and managerial procedure to secure and safeguard the personal data we gather online and offline.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to gets installed on the hard drive of your computer. A cookie, after agreements, allows the website to monitor your browsing activity. Every action will be collected as data and helps tailor the web application to your needs, likes and dislikes.
Oculus Technologies uses traffic log, to track the visited pages. This helps us gather information which improves the website to the wishes of our visitors. We only use this data for statistical purposes only.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
We retain personal data in our systems for the following periods:
- Personal data relating to users of our services – for the period of the relevant subscription or other contractual relationship and for 3 years after that.
- Marketing data – for the period that the individual remains subscribed with a specific email address. If a person unsubscribes we will keep their first name, last name and email address only on an unsubscribed list.
Which regard to the above, unless there is a need to retain data for purposes connected with protecting our interests we will erase from our systems all data other than that needed to comply with our statutory obligations. Personal Data may be archived up to 3 years. These backups are stored offline, on a local system. After 3 years these will automatically be removed and all data destroyed.
CONTROLLING YOUR RIGHTS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection of your personal data in the following ways:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom on one of our marketing emails.
- Contact Zoë Tebbenhof, Marketing Manager and Data Controller firstname.lastname@example.org to review and change your current data collection.
If you have a complaint about this privacy statement or the way in which we use your personal information, please write or email us as soon as possible, at the below address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
CONTACT DETAILS OCULUS TECHNOLOGIES
Oculus Technologies BV
1011 TV, Amsterdam